Wednesday 8 November 2023

We Finally Made it to Quartzsite

WHERE ARE WE? Quartzsite, Arizona

We got up and got our things together and headed over to the truck wash.  The Blue Beacon has washes in all kinds of places across the US.  They don't use any machines for their washing.  Its like a little Santa's Workshop when you drive inside.  By the time you get out and go pay, they are pretty much done.  Do they do a good job!!!  Hmmm not really.  I was not totally pleased.  They were supposed to use a brush and soap on the entire motorhome and Sue said they only did the mirrors and a couple of the side windows.  There was a lot of dirt film left on the back end.  Sooooo for $79 US dollars is it worth it.  For the most part it came clean but it was not the wash I was expecting.  I will give the Mexicans my peso's from now on.  But the MH was filthy so we basically had no option and I wasn't doing it myself!!!




So we headed down I40 towards the Lake Havasu turn onto 93.  Highway 40 was undoubtedly the worst highway I have driven on in a long long time actually since I drove on it about 5 years ago.  I cannot fathom how they can let a highway go to pot for at least 5 years when there are hundreds of semi's every hour travelling on it.  Oh well, the scenery made up for it.








It was super windy again today but guess what?  It was directly behind us again today.  We made super good gas mileage I bet.  By the way I filled up in Parker with Regular gas for $3.32/gal.  That is like $1.15 CND a litre with the money conversion.  It makes me feel like driving again!!!  Well we made it to Quartzsite in mid afternoon and got set up just east of town on some BLM.  I want to be close to town so I can run in for any of those little things I forget while doing the solar work on the MH.  



We think this will be a good spot for us for a while.  It is a little close to the highway but the noise from it is like a low hum which will probably make for good sleeping.  Archie likes it here because he can run free and there are no stickers!



We missed the sunset tonight but thats ok.  We don't need to get every one.  We had a good day.  Hope you did too.  Good Nite!!




6 comments:

  1. Howdy! I’m looking forward to putting voices to the faces and sharing some chuckles with you and Sue, as well as meeting Mr Archie.

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! It will be great seeing you again and of course Gibbs meeting Archie. 😊

    ReplyDelete
  3. The day I can't wash my own motorhome is the day I stop RV'ing. It's part of the joy for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice to see you and Sue made it to the Q.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to see you made it to the neighbourhood.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The whole gang is in Quartzsite. Enjoy your stay.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome here or if you wish you can comment on Facebook.