Tuesday 21 November 2023

A Movie in the Desert!

WHERE ARE WE? Road Runner BLM, Quartzsite, AZ

My days all have that Solar overtone because I do a little more each day.  No different today.  It took all day to do a couple hours work.  First off I got the solar controller mounted way back in the back of the battery box.  Also mounted the cut off breaker.


The wires from the solar panels on the roof are run down just behind the edge of the slide so it is hidden.  I will tuck it in nicely where no one will see it later.


The hole is for the solar shut off switch.  To get the wires to it I had to use a little ingenuity to lengthen my drill bit to drill a hole in the back of the cabinet.  


Another shut off switch goes in the hole.

I spent a little time getting some of our Jeep ducks ready to hand out to any Jeeps we might see.  It is kinda fun to get Ducked!!!


We had planned to do an outdoor movie tonight if the wind stayed down which it did.  We have our big blow up screen and projector with us so we got it all set up with a 6:30 showtime scheduled.  Bill and Patsy joined us and Tom and Deb brought the popcorn.  Ken and Kim, Deb and Riley were with us as well.



The movie tonight is "The Long Long Trailer" starring Lucille Ball and Dezi Arnaz.  It is a very fitting movie for a bunch of RV'ers out in the desert.  A lot of us have never seen this movie before so it was fun!  It did get a little chilly near the end of the movie but everyone grabbed a blanket and got comfortable.



It reminded me of days gone by when we all went to the drive in for a movie.




Earlier when I was setting up there was a nice sunset happening.  What a great day!! Good Nite!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome here or if you wish you can comment on Facebook.