Monday 27 November 2023

Finally Got a Bonfire

WHERE ARE WE? Road Runner BLM, Quartzsite AZ

Today was laundry day so we headed in to Q with our baskets.  Right beside the laundry is a nice little cafe bistro type thing called Basics, so we decided to have a sandwich and cinnamon bun.  I love the van outside the door.  I think it is a 1949 Ford like I used to drive.


Anyone can imagine what a sandwich and a cinnamon bun would look like, but the guy next to us had a chili dog.  Well I had to take a picture because we do chili dogs at Cj's but they don't look this sloppily good.  Maybe we will have to change it up a bit.  I think they toast the top before serving.  Anyway the food we had was delicious and I would certainly recommend them. 


We had been trying to work in a little visit with Bill and Patsy for a while and because we are leaving tomorrow we decided to drop by and visit right after lunch.  Bill and Sue got busy working on some TV stuff while Patsy and I watched.  I'm not sure what all they did but they seemed to be satisfied with the result in the end.



Its amazing how quickly a couple hours slip by.  We have always enjoyed their company and this was no different.  We will cross paths with them again sometime I'm sure.  


Patsy gave us a little painted rock lady bug which we will find a special spot in the MH for.  Thanks.



I had some packing to do and there are a few leftovers from the solar install that I had to find room for.  I managed to get it all packed away after a little re-arranging.


We have been trying to have a bonfire for a few days now and we either had something else on, or the wind was too high.  Tonight we managed to get one and just in time as we are leaving tomorrow.   We burned some scrap lumber, the cardboard from all my Amazon solar shipments and Tom went out in the wash and retrieved some actual wood.  It all made for a good fire.  Thanks Tom!!!!




That was our day today.  Time for bed, Good Nite!!!

2 comments:

  1. We are glad you were able to fit us in for a visit and help with our tv woes at the same time!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome here or if you wish you can comment on Facebook.