Saturday 11 November 2023

The Solar Installation has Begun

WHERE ARE WE? Scadden Wash, Quartzsite, Arizona

I almost typed in Happy Remembrance Day and then I realized the Happy is no part of the normal Remembrance Day talk.  I sometimes think that maybe we should be Happy on Remembrance Day!!!  We should be happy that someone would lay down their life for us to be free.  Christ did the same thing years ago and we say Merry Christmas and Happy Easter.  We should be happy that men and women are willing to join the forces and fight to keep us free!  It is sad that some lived short lives because of the battles, but they did it for the greater good.  We need to make sure that those freedoms that they fought for are not going to be jeopardized ever again.   So I'm going to say it...."Happy Remembrance Day!!"



Well we have been here for 4 days already.  We said we would hang around till we were happy with the solar installation.  We have 10 days left to be in this spot before we have to move, so that would probably be a good time to move on.


The tall dark stranger took Archie for a walk again today.  Nice of him huh??


This morning I got busy and cleaned up a bunch of the wiring in the places where the new stuff will go.  When they build an RV it seems like they just stuff wires wherever they will fit.  They make them way longer than they need to be and just shove them in any hole.  Well it was time to fix it up.  The one big problem was that a lot of the wired were fed through a hole and then the stabilizer jacks were mounted right in front of the hole.  They had to pry wires apart just to make the jack fit.  So I made new holes and moved the wires where they were not going to rub and short.

There were 8 wires in this hole with the jack up against them.

And they just put wires wherever there was a space with no thought for neatness.


So I cleaned it up as best as I could and mounted the Blue Sky controller box where it is going.  That is another days job hooking it up.  I still have to buy wire and put in all the shut off switches and breakers for that to work.  Also solar panels being mounted on the roof will be a big part of making that work.


We had to run into town for a couple things and I figured that it was time for some gas in the Jeep.  What do you think??  One of my friends will give me the gears for this.


I gave it a little top up and we are good to go again!!!  I guess a little Armourall wouldn't hurt anything either!!!


Archie and I took a little drive out to La Posa South and I was surprised to see how many RV's are in the desert already.  There are not nearly as many where we are.




I guess I forgot that I also mounted the new inverter/converter and we are running the generator for a few hours to make sure all of the batteries are fully charged.  As far as I can see everything is working right.  I had to set it up for Lithium batteries.  We are still running the MH off the wet cells so I basically have 2 independent systems working right now.  I don't have the remote display hooked up so this is the display on the inverter.  I will get a better picture tomorrow in the daylight.


Note no load because it is not hooked in the system yet.

Kenia has been sending us pictures of all the yummy stuff she makes at the Cafecito.  I put in an order for one of these when we arrive there.  She makes the most delicious frappes in the world.  


And as I was driving home tonight, there it was.  I couldn't ignore it cause it was right out my drivers window.  I know your not supposed to take pictures and drive but if you don't tell I won't either.  Thats all folks!!   Good Night!!!








7 comments:

  1. Amen for your Remembrance Day comments! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hadn’t thought of Remembrance Day in quite that context & do concur-thank you.RV wiring can often be a nightmare although we had a Monaco Dynasty & it’s wiring was very neat & properly shielded but getting a schematic was something else .All the best with the installation & am enjoying your travels+pics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’ve never thought of Remembrance Day in that way, you have an interesting way of thinking.
    Nice of the tall dark stranger to spend time with Archie and return him home safely. Lol
    The mess of wires taxes my brain. Lol. Good luck.

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also nearly typed Happy Remembrance Day yesterday but erased it. You are right though and we are indeed happy for what they did for us.
    One of these days you will be walking with a gas can. I pray it isn't when we go for our next ride! Haha!
    Good job on your accomplishments in the solar. Bill has been switching his time between solar and planes, getting his plan into place. 🙂

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoy Remembrance Day! Hope all goes well with the solar install.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have only seen one RV that the wiring was done well, and that was a Foretravel, everyone I have ever owned looked like they sent a 14 year old kid out with a half dozen rolls of wire on his belt and told him to just string them wherever he felt like, and if one roll ran out before it got where it was going just splice another one onto it, colours don't matter, and finish the job. Oh yah, and every now and then put in an inline fuse wherever is convenient, for the kid, not you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. With the utmost respect I suggest theology is best left to the theologians. Like you I have dealt with death and it was not a Happy occasion. Personally I say Happy Easter because death was conquered with the resurrection.
    Jack in Alberta

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome here or if you wish you can comment on Facebook.