Thursday 30 May 2024

A New Firepit

WHERE ARE WE? Rivers Provincial Park, Rivers Manitoba

Today was time to inspect the blades on my tractor mower.  I like to get it up in the air in a safe manor, so I can crawl around underneath it.  This is the best idea I have found so far.  The boards are screwed to the picnic table so they can't come off and they work as a block for the front wheels.  There are blocks at the back wheels so that baby aint goin anywhere!!  I hope!!


Yup, the blades need to be replaced.  I will have to make a trip to Brandon to get supplies to do the blades, belts, and oil change for the tractor next week.


If anyone remembers, I am involved with Friends of Rivers Lake, and our current project is to install a new dock on the lake that will be geared toward providing access to the lake by people with mobility difficulties.  Today we got pictures of the new dock in a warehouse in Winnipeg.  Now all we have to do is go pick it up.


Mid afternoon I headed to town to get some things.  When I pulled into the store parking lot I saw this motorhome drive by.  I had to take a second look.  This is the exact motorhome that our good friends Normand and Suzanne drive.  I watched for the driver and nope, it wasn't them.  Aww shucks!!!


Next project was to move our firepit to where I cut down some trees.  We are making a little family area to sit and enjoy a good fire.  Cody brought a couple wheelbarrows of nice rock to make it nice.  Its pretty windy today so we didn't have a fire.



That took us through another day.  There is always tomorrow to do more.  This weekend we are having our first "Music in the Park" on the deck at Cj's on Saturday night.  Our friend Shelley has made up a schedule calendar for the summer.  Sue got it on our Facebook site this evening and now I have to start trying to fill in the blanks with singers.  We have some good talent around the country and they just need an invitation.   Sheri will help me as well up in the Hamiota area.  We will leave that task till tomorrow.  Good Nite!!!







2 comments:

  1. At least you should have good weather this weekend, if it is even close to what ours will be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Smart way to work on your tractor.
    Nice to have someplace that incudes those with disabilities.
    Looks like there will be lots of toe tapping through the summer.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome here or if you wish you can comment on Facebook.