Thursday 9 May 2024

The Countdown to Opening is On

WHERE ARE WE? Rivers Provincial Park, Rivers Manitoba

Well I can't believe it is Cj's stock day again.  I hate stock days because they start around 6 am.  I get up and groggily find a way to make a coffee and wash my face and try real hard to put my pants on the right way.  It's a difficult time for me cause I hate getting up this early!!  We have tried to get on a later delivery, but the way the rural areas get serviced from Winnipeg, we always seem to be the starting point.  Oh well, only 17 more Thursdays I have to get up early.  Only good thing is that Sheri usually comes to help and we get some chatting time while doing it.  The truck is a big one and we can hear it coming from a long ways down the road.


And out comes a big pallet of stuff!!  Yup, mostly for us!  


We try to put stuff away as quickly as they bring it in to avoid congestion.  But I don't move that fast at that time of the morning!!!


We use lots of canola oil in our fryers and I am happy to report that the price has actually dropped from about $55 to $39 for a 16 liter jug.


Once we got that sorted out it was time to keep on preparing the outside for opening day as well.  Cody came this afternoon and mowed the golf course.  I always say that I don't want to be back in Canada until the grass is ready to be mowed.  Well the time has arrived!  The grass is ready.


Always things to fix.  Discovered a flat on the wheeler. Yep needs a new tube and I don't have one so will have to get one in Brandon tomorrow.


Later in the afternoon a couple of our "old" employees came in to help get everything ready for tomorrow.  By old, I mean they were with us for a season or two.  One of the things I always ask for in our kitchen and at the customer window is a good attitude and big smiles.  Wow, you can't beat Jill and Emily when it comes to the smiles.  Welcome back girls.  We will have a lot of fun this summer.

These girls are both supervisors at Cj's and do a fantastic job.

They got busy blanching fries, making mozza sticks, portioning perogies and all sorts of things.  They just know what to do, and they do it.


That was about it for our day.  Even Archie looked played out, so we headed in the house for the night.


Another sunset and the day was done.  Good Nite!!





2 comments:

  1. Congrats! You are almost there! Interesting that use Canola oil for your fryers. Hmm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute helpers!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome here or if you wish you can comment on Facebook.