Monday 27 May 2024

Lots of Projects Today

WHERE ARE WE? Rivers Provincial Park, Rivers Manitoba

First job of the day was a crappy one.  That was a poor dad joke.  None the less it did involve waste water and the potential for a problem always exists when handling it.  Nope, not today.  Everything went smooth as glass.  


We have Max today, so he was with me for every task I did.  He loves to ride on the tractor with me.  So off we went with 3 trips to the lagoon with full blue boys. The reason I use the lagoon is because it is easy to just dump the tote.  No fuss no muss, just dump and go.  Plus I don't have to fight RV's for a place in line.
 Max loves to drive and for a 5 year old he drives very well.



Next dirty job was garbage.  Not for me though because we have dumpsters that are picked up every two weeks.  


Next up was a couple of dead trees that are right beside the motorhome that have to go.  We sometimes get some big winds here and I don't want them ending up on my roof.  So I had to pick up the feet and move the MH out of harms way.


The new electric chainsaw worked like a charm.  Down came the trees in the exact spot I planned for them.




So I hooked up the workhorse to the logs and dragged them up to the tree dump.  The maintenance people always smile at how I get things done.  



We got Percy all parked back up in his spot. A wee bit better angle this time but not a lot different. 


Max went back inside for popcorn and a movie.  When I went in later all I could see was popcorn everywhere.  He must of had a problem hitting his mouth.  Sue got him the battery vacuum and he had a great time cleaning it up.


We had a few customers tonight and Mia made some yummy food for them.  We have some awesome young cooks that we feel comfortable creating quality food.  Mia is 16 and our youngest cook is 15.  It is so great seeing these young ladies stepping up.  We have a couple more who are every bit as capable and we are so lucky to have them.  Almost all of our employees are going to do well in the world. 


Big portions on the heat lamp.  We don't do anything small here.

Another baseball game in town tonight.  We won 10-2.  They have won their first 3 games now.


I got home just about closing time at Cj's.  When I walked in the door, Mia said she hoped I didn't see her predicament.  She was mopping the floor when the mop pail toppled and spilled its contents on the floor.  She grabbed as much paper towel as she could find and sopped it all up.  We did have a good laugh about the whole thing.  It just sucked cause she had to stay late to get it all mopped up.  By the time she was done, it was time to call it a day.  Good Nite!







1 comment:

  1. My daughter got a job at 15. She had to get a work permit. Is it the same in Canada?

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome here or if you wish you can comment on Facebook.