Monday 6 May 2024

How Big of a Box do You Need?

WHERE ARE WE? Rivers Provincial Park, Rivers Manitoba

Another nice day around here.  Every day there are projects to get done to get ready for Cj's opening on Friday.  First thing today, (after coffee of course) was to clean out and grease the exhaust fan.  It seems in good shape and will last a good long time yet.  Maybe a belt sometime this summer.


Then I had to move our boats to their summer parking spots. 


Then it was in to town to get the mail.  There were a couple parcels there.  A big box and a medium sized box were there.  About a week ago I had ordered a new remote for my ICD reporting device.  Well it came today.  IN THIS MEDIUM SIZE BOX!!!!  A little overkill.  no wait!!!


Yes that was overkill but look at this!!  They want me to ship back the old remote so they sent me a Fedex envelope and address label in this box.  It was huge. Twice as big as the first one!!  How ridiculous. So shouldn't we be a little concerned with the waste we allow?  Can you imagine the amount of energy wasted on the creation of this box and the plastic bags and the fact that I will burn the box in the end?  Someone needs to give their head a shake!!  I must be getting old cause I sure love to rant about all these things.


Yes thats all that was in this big box!!

So I spent a little time letting my blood pressure level out and before yo know it, it was sunset time.  Woops, no sunset tonight!! Good Nite!!!







2 comments:

  1. Bill's airplane stuff always arrives in big boxes too. They don't think, just grab 'a' box regardless of the contents and send it off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ps, if we were moving and needed boxes, they'd send stuff in small envelopes. LOL

      Delete

Comments are always welcome here or if you wish you can comment on Facebook.